It’s a beautiful day! Come on over at 4pm and join our CrossFit Republic family Harvest Party at the Mitchells! 275 E. Miller Rd in Republic! We’ll provide meat, pumpkin painting, smores, hot cocoa, live music, hay rides, hide ‘ n seek on the paths in the woods, games, and good company around our bonfires! Let the kids play and take some time to socialize!
Due to COVID, you will need to bring any side items you would want to eat and if we happen to run out of meat, bring some hotdogs to roast over the fire if you’d like! Bring a flashlight too for the woods if you have one! Can’t wait to see you all!
“Intention drives behavior.”
If we were to walk into the grocery store with a list of eight items to purchase, we’re in there for 10 minutes.
If we were to walk into the grocery store without a list, we end up walking the isles for 30 minutes, and find ourselves staring at a box of Twinkies in the dessert isle.
Our behavior is what is going to define our success. And it is no different than the grocery list in our pocket. Line items of decisions and principles that we choose.
Intention is everything.
Conditioning WOD – 20 minutes
On the 4:00 x 5 Rounds:
20/15 Calorie Machine
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees
5 Power Snatches (135/95)
WORKOUT BRIEF [0:00 – 5:00]
- In this faster paced interval workout, you’ll complete the listed work, then rest with whatever time remains in the 4-minute window
- Record your times for each round, with you final score being the slowest of the 5 efforts
- New rounds begin on the (0:00-4:00-8:00-12:00-16:00)
- To get the right stimulus and proper rest, rounds should take less than 3 minutes to complete
LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES
- You can jump or step up off the floor
- Jump over the bar with 2 feet for “RX”
- There is no need to reach full extension on the jump over the bar
- Looking to choose a moderate weight for the final station
- This should be a weight you could cycle for 5-7 unbroken reps when fresh
- Within the workout, we’re likely looking at smaller sets or quick singles
- It’s important here to find the sweet spot between too light and too heavy
Overhead Squat Biased Barbell Warmup
5 Good Mornings
5 Back Squats
5 Elbow Rotations
5 Snatch Grip Behind the Neck Presses
5 Snatch Grip Romanian Deadlifts
5 Overhead Squats
Warrior Squats: 1 Minute
Reverse Table Stretch: 1 Minute
Couch Stretch: 1 Minute Each Side
TEACHING + SPECIFIC WARMUP [18:00 – 25:00]
Squeeze the Bar
We’ll break our power snatch teaching points into two parts. The first is taking the bar off the floor, and the second is getting ourselves under the bar. When we’re lifting the barbell from the ground, we can think about squeezing the bar off the floor instead of yanking it. This will be similar to “taking the slack out of the bar” on a deadlift. Pull yourself down into position and then use the legs to push or squeeze the weight off the ground.
With a relatively challenging power snatch weight, we’re going to also want to focus on getting under the bar quickly. Let’s pretend like we’re going to squat snatch the weight, but cut off our depth above parallel. This can help lead to better footwork and hip position as well. If we are thinking of squat snatching the weight, we’re not going to jump the feet too wide or land with the hips forward.
With Empty Bar:
30 Seconds Snatch Grip Deadlifts
3 High Hang Power Snatches
3 Hang Power Snatches
3 Power Snatches
With Lighter Weight:
5 Snatch Grip Deadlifts
5 Power Snatches
PRACTICE ROUND [25:00-30:00]
With Workout Weight:
4 Calorie Machine
3 Lateral Barbell Burpees
2 Power Snatches
STRATEGY + WOD [30:00-60:00]
- With your score being the slowest of the 5 rounds, we’re looking for a consistent intensity across the board
- Look to keep your fastest round and slowest round within a few seconds of each other
- The movement that has the biggest chance of “falling off” is the machine
- Coming off rest, start fast to get that first calorie quick, but settle into a pace you see yourself holding in rounds 3-5
- Move through a strong, but steady pace on the burpees that allows you to get right to the snatches
- The snatches can be performed as quick singles or touch-and-go reps
- If you see yourself going singles later on, complete one rep at a time from the beginning
- If you go touch-and-go early and singles later, there is likely a big drop off in time
- Sticking with one option keeps your round time more even
10 LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES
- Regular Burpees
5 POWER SNATCHES