Conditioning WOD – 25 min cap
800m Run, 48/36 Calorie Bike, 1000/800m Row, 800m Ski (your choice)
12 Deadlifts (155/105)
9 Hang Power Cleans (155/105)
6 Push Jerks (155/105)
- Score = Total time taken to complete the whole workout
WORKOUT BRIEF [0:00-5:00]
- 15:00-20:00 workout – another “sweet spot” time domain!
- 800 Run = ~3:30-4:30
- “DT” = ~6:00-10:00 – forearm fun!
- 800m Run = ~3:30-4:30
GENERAL WARM-UP [5:00-10:00]
- Jog or machine 400m/15 Cals
(incorporate skips, high knees, butt kicks, quad stretch, side shuffles, bunny hops)
- :20 In-Place Inch-Worms
- :20 Samson Stretch (each side)
- :20 Squat-to-Stand
- :20 Lateral Lunges
- :20 Arm Circles
SPECIFIC WARM-UP / TEACHING [10:00-22:00]
RUNNING TIPS (4:00)
Focus: Arms & Breathing
100m – Breathing (just do it, don’t over think it, but be deliberate about it)
100m – Loose arms with elbows at 90 degrees – drive elbow back and forward loosely
100m – Breathing & loose arms
200m – Build Up (100m out – moderate / 100m back – faster)
“DT” – DEADLIFT/HANG POWER CLEAN/PUSH JERK (8:00)
Focus: “DT” – Barbell Efficiency
- With a moderately heavy barbell, small inefficiencies across 5 rounds will take a toll on the body.
- Controlling the Deadlift to the ground and standing right back up, will be more benefecial than stopping at the bottom. This we know.
- For the Hang Power Clean, the same is true. We need to keep the bar moving and try to avoid pausing in the hang position.
- Lastly, please watch the video for “DT ” below, and specifically the piece on the Push Jerk grip. Remember, the rack position we aspire for is the one that allows the bar to rest on the shoulders. Having the elbows high is NOT required and can create an inefficient bar path overhead.
Movement Prep (with an empty barbell / rest between movements)
- 8 Deadlifts (start and finish at the top)
- 8 Hang Power Cleans
- 8 Push Jerk
2 Sets of:
- 5 Deadlifts + 4 Hang Power Cleans + 3 Push Jerks
(Increase loads for each set)
PRACTICE ROUND & BATHROOM BREAK [27:00-32:00]
1 Round – w/ workout weight
100m Run/5 Cal Machine
5 Hang Power Clean
100m/5 Cal Machine
QUICK TIPS (FOR ATHLETES)
- Run at a pace that allows you to pick up the bar straight away. We can push the boat on the last 800m!
- Approach the barbell with respect, but don’t fear it. Meaning, once your hand hits the iron commit to the reps you know you can complete…and then try one more!!