Last day to order men’s, women’s, and kid’s apparel and shaker bottles! Samples up front to feel and try on if needed. Sign up in the apparel binder at the front desk!
Here is what is available in case you missed it!
????Mens/Unisex shirt – Black w/Gold and White w/Gold
????Women’s shirt – Black w/Gold and White w/Gold
????CFR Shaker Bottle – Black w/ white logo
????FitKids Unisex shirts – Black w/ white OR Grey w/ Black
“Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become. No single instance will transform your beliefs, but as the votes build up, so does the evidence of your new identity.” – James Clear
If someone has 10 coins, are they rich? Let’s say no.
What if they have 100 coins. Probably not.
What about 1,000 coins?
There is a tipping point. A number where our answer changes to yes. A single coin, that results in us deeming the individual as “rich”.
We know it wasn’t just the single coin. It was the culmination of the many before. Yet what ultimately pushed us over the edge was that single addition. We wouldn’t be able to say “yes” to the question without it.
We can apply this same logic to our identity. By itself, walking the shopping cart back to its home isn’t going to change who we are as an individual. By itself, picking up trash outside of the local school isn’t going to either. It’s the culmination, that will. These votes, seemingly small at the time, add up.
A pitfall in life is when we view instances throughout our day as insignificant. We tell ourselves, “this won’t make a difference”. Yet at the end of the day, just like the single coin, it truly is all that matters.
- Giving to option to repeat 19.2 or complete the WOD (These guys can say hello from the other side)
- Running two heats today
- WOD is heat 1
- 19.2 is heat 2
- This gives Open athletes the opportunity to prepare a little more
- Heat 1 athletes can then judge heat 2 athletes if needed or cheer accordingly
- Score on WOD is total reps across the five rounds
- If short on rowers, start athletes at different stations
- Longest anyone will work will be 20 minutes
- Workout Details: https://games.crossfit.com/workouts/open/2019/2#movementStandards
- Scorecard: https://games-assets.crossfit.com/19-2-2019Open_Trifecta-kjeu762b3hd.pdf
Conditioning WOD – 20 minutes
5 Rounds for max reps/cals:
1 Minute Cal Row
1 Minute Med Ball Squat Cleans 20/14
1 Minute AbMat Situps
1 Minute Rest
ROW / DOUBLE UNDERS
Both of these movements aren’t the big deciders of the workout, but moving well here can allow athletes to thrive on the big money movements. One thing that we can think about with both is reaching the head towards the ceiling to sit or stand tall. This enables athletes to open their chests to breathe and relax the shoulders.
MEDICINE BALL SQUAT CLEAN / SQUAT CLEANS
One of the most common faults seen in the medicine ball clean is athletes curling the ball up to the front rack with the arms. The habits exhibited and/or created here will carry over to cleans with the barbell, so we want to think about rotating the hands around the ball instead, just as the elbows rotate around the bar in a clean. Athletes can focus on keeping the laces out when practicing this in the pull under section and during the full squat cleans.
Just like we talked about on Friday for the barbell, loosening the hands allows the elbows to easily rotate around the bar. This enables athletes to catch the bar with elbows high and an upright torso.
ABMAT SIT-UPS / TOES TO BAR
Palms to Toes
On both of these movements, we can think of pressing the palms towards the toes.
For the AbMat Sit-ups, this allows athletes to gain extra momentum with the arms and cycle their reps faster.
On the Toes to Bar, this allows athletes to maintain tension on the bar and find a consistent rhythm. Rather than thinking toes to palms, we can think palms to toes.
- For WOD: Aim for similar scores across the 5 rounds
- For 19.2: Adjust strategy based on Friday performance
- This is the pacer
- We’re coming off rest, but it takes a lot of effort to get reps here than on the other movements
- Pick a number that you are confident in holding for all five rounds
MEDICINE BALL SQUAT CLEANS
- Aim for 1-2 big sets here
- Not about fast cycle time, just not stopping
- Briefly pause at the top if needed to keep things moving
- Looking to find a fast cycle time
- With rest coming, we want to move quickly
- This is the easiest station to get reps