New Apparel is here!
***Samples of the Unisex shirts and unisex jogger sweatpants will be up front on the clothes hangers at the gym to feel and try on if needed.
***Shirts are $20 and joggers are $35
Different ways to shop.
- Click on this link to see pictures and sizes and buy online. https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/Pages/OnlineStore.aspx?studioid=38104&partnerID=0&catid=100001
- Look at and sign up in the apparel binder at the front desk at the gym for what size and color you want and then your account will be automatically drafted.
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but rather by the seeds you plant.” – Robert Lewis Stevensen
The definition of success is whatever we make of it.
Many directly link results to success. And the lack thereof, to failure. But what if we reshaped that way of thinking. What we measured success, as the seeds we “plant for tomorrow”? What if we decide that a successful day is deemed so purely by how much we learned?
We can view days as tests.
Or we can view days as opportunities.
Time to go tend to the field.
Stamina Squats – 14 minutes
On the Minute for 14 minutes… (7 Rounds):
Minute 1: 2 Front Squats
Minute 2: 4 Back Squats
Barbell Loaded at 75% of your 1RM Front Squat for all sets
Conditioning WOD – 16 min cap
5 Rounds For Time:
600m Bike, 250m Row, or 200m Ski (your choice)
30 Double Unders
WORKOUT BRIEF [0:00 – 5:00]
- This simple triplet workout has us rotating through shorter duration stations for 5 rounds
- We expect this piece to take around 8-16 minutes to complete
- Choose a number or variation that takes about 30-40 seconds to complete
- You can jump-up or step-up out of the burpee
- Ensure full extension at the top of each rep
- If you have any time left over after the conditioning piece, complete the extra work
- The focus here is on the midline and upper back
- See below for video demos of each movement:
- Banded Pull-Aparts: Video
- Side Plank: Video
- Banded Front Plank: Video
GENERAL WARM-UP [5:00-12:00]
1 Minute Easy
1 Miunute Easy-Moderate
1 Minute Moderate
Couch Stretch: 1 Minute Each Side
Calf Stretch On Post: 30 Seconds Each Side
- A neutral gaze to the horizon keeps the head in line with the middle of the body
- This can prevent any inefficient movement forward or back
- It also allows for the neck and shoulders to relax more, which leads to a more fluid rotation of the rope
- Check out the Daily Video for more on this teaching point
- 30 Seconds Single Unders
- 30 Seconds Double Under Practice
- Upon finishing the burpee, try to look straight ahead to the horizon
- This is essentially a cue to reach full extension at the top of each rep
- When athletes are looking down towards the ground at the finish, they are more likely to short full extension
- Redirecting the head and eyes can pull the shoulders back more to a solid finish position
- 4 Pausing Burpees (1 Second at Top)
- 4 Regular Burpees
PRACTICE ROUND [20:00-25:00]
250m Bike/150m Row/Ski
15 Double Unders
STRATEGY + WOD [25:00-60:00]
- Look to hold a pace from the first round that you see yourself replicating 4 more times
- For example, if the first round takes you 2 minutes to complete, we’re ideally finishing this 5-round workout around 10 minutes
- We’re going to test about half of a full round in our practice round today
- The goal here is to move at your estimated workout speed
- Double your practice round time to get a good idea of how long 1 round will take you to complete
- This dry run will provide good insight into what pace will be sustainable for you in the workout
- Reduce Reps
- Single Unders (45)
- Practice Time Caps (40 Seconds)
- Double Taps Video
- Line Hops Video
- Over-and-Back Dumbbell Hops Video
1 Minute Banded Pull-Aparts
1 Minute Side Plank (Each Side)
1 Minute Banded Front Plank