*Today the team and Endurance workout will be the same workout. Team workouts are some of our best days at the gym because not only the challenge but the camaraderie! If you are new, be open minded and know that these workouts are a blast and very beneficial! Be here and continue to help the community of CFR thrive through a fun workout.
“Don’t bunt. Aim out of the ballpark.” – David Oglivy
One of the most dangerous things we can do in life is to dream too small.
When we dig to the root of what causes this, we find that it’s fear.
We can convince ourselves that it’s too big of a goal… that it’s out of reach. That in and of itself, is the death of the dream. A self-fulfilling prophecy from that point forward, as we can’t accomplish what we can’t believe.
So it starts with that: belief. Belief that we can learn the skills, build the capacity, and hone the craft. Having the dream is only a part of the equation, and it will only come second to having the belief. The belief that you deserve to step up to the plate, and put the ball over the fences.
TEAM AND ENDURANCE WOD – 30 minutes
Teams of 3…
As many rounds + reps as possible in 30 minutes of…
12/9 Calorie Machine
10 Unbroken* Medicine Ball Squat Jumps 30/20
5 Unbroken* Power Clean and Jerks
*one full round at a time then switch – see details below
1st 6 Rounds: 95/65
2nd 6 Rounds: 115/85
3rd 6 Rounds: 135/95
4th 6 Rounds: 155/105
Partners cycle through full rounds, one at a time. Weights increase after each partner has gone through twice equaling 6 rounds).
*You will need to find 3 workout stations to stay close together so you can cheer each other on, use your own equipment, have your own machine (which might be different to each) and be ready to start your rounds as soon as your teammate has completed theirs. Just stay in your box!
*If odd number, teams of 2 will follow the same rep scheme and see how far they make it in 30 minutes as well.
- One athlete works at a time in this sprint style workout – go hard, because you will be able to rest during the others work time
- Next athletes begins following the last clean and jerk
- Looking for rounds to take somewhere around 1:00 – 1:30
- If you do not go UNBROKEN on these movements, there is an immediate 5 burpee penalty for ALL TEAMMATES on the spot, then you may resume where you left off
- Choose a jump squat weight you can complete unbroken every single round
- If you don’t have enough 30# medicine or slam balls, use plates or dumbbells in it’s place
CLEAN AND JERKS
- Weight increases every six rounds (2 rounds each per partner)
- Teammates to use multiple bars and have the option to use different weights based on their abilities
- Should be able to touch and go easily the first two barbell weights, then it should get much tougher
- Second two barbells could have some pauses, but never pause on the ground as these are touch in go (only rest in the front rack or at the hips in the hang)
- Score is total rounds and reps at the finish
MEDICINE BALL SQUAT JUMPS
There is no right or wrong way to hold the ball, but each has their pros and cons. Bear hugging the ball on the chest makes it easier to get below parallel, but can be tougher on breathing. Holding the ball a little lower, around belly button height, makes the squat itself easier to accomplish. However, this method can make it more difficult to find full depth. This option is also a quicker set up and makes it easier to breathe. Athletes can feel out both and decide which one works best for them.
Get Tall, Get Small
The standard on the “jump” of the medicine ball squat jump is full extension with a little air under the feet. Essentially the same as a standard burpee would be. Squeeze the quads and glutes to open the hips and create a little separation between you and the ground. As with any squat, looking to get below parallel with each rep. Make sure the ball is in a position that allows for full range of motion.
CLEAN AND JERKS
Along the theme of getting tall on the medicine ball, we also want to get tall on both the clean and the jerk. The muscle clean and the push press will prepare us for this before we get to the power clean and the push jerk. Both of these movements teach us to find triple extension aggressively to create power. Within the clean and jerks in the workout, we can find the power practiced in the muscle clean and push press with the added benefits of being able to get underneath the weight.
- Move fast through the three movements to get your next teammates in the game
- You’ll work for 1-1:30 and rest for 2-3:00, so push the limits and don’t think too much
- All about a strong effort, not a strong strategy
- Sprint start with a moderate-fast pace to the finish
- Hold onto the squats without dropping the ball
CLEAN AND JERKS
- String together quickly and efficiently