Just released for any family, friends and new members to trial CFR!
🎉A WEEK FREE!!!🎉
From Monday December 30 – Saturday January 4th, bring those New Year’s Resolutions to CrossFit Republic, and get a taste of what CrossFit is and our encouraging community that you have an opportunity to be a part of! No gimmicks, no commitment, we just want to give everyone access to the best fitness experience in the 417 area! 😍
Come to any of our nine daily classes, all 1 hour long, daily from 5AM through 7:30PM. You can come any or all days during this FREE WEEK!
Beyond this, your next step can be a simple transition into our Learn To Crossfit class which then starts Monday, January 6th at 6:30PM! Join others just like you and learn the fundamentals and develop a foundation for an easy move into your CrossFit journey! 💪
Don’t hesitate, conquer your New Year’s Resolutions and NEVER LOOK BACK!
#Fitness4Everyone #Resolution #LearnToCrossfit #NeverSettle #BestOf417 #CrossFitRepublic
Strength – 15 minutes
5 Sets of pressing complex:
1 Push Press
2 Push Jerks
- Athletes will have 15 minutes to complete their 5 working sets of pressing movements
- They have the option to build in weight or complete the same challenging weight across all 5 sets
- Before they begin their working sets, we recommend they take 2-3 warmup sets to get to their opening weight
“Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become. No single instance will transform your beliefs, but as the votes build up, so does the evidence of your new identity.” – James Clear
If someone has 10 coins, are they rich? Let’s say no.
What if they have 100 coins. Probably not.
What about 1,000 coins?
There is a tipping point. A number where our answer changes to yes. It actually narrows down to a single coin where that takes place.
But… we know it wasn’t just the single coin. It was the culmination of the many before. We can apply this same logic to our identity. By itself, walking the shopping cart back to its home isn’t going to change who we are as an individual. By itself, picking up trash outside of the local school isn’t going to either. It’s the culmination, that will. These votes for who we are, seemingly small at the time, add up.
A pitfall in life is when we view instances throughout our day as insignificant. We tell ourselves, “this won’t make a difference”. Yet at the end of the day, just like the single coin, it’s all that matters.
Conditioning WOD – 15 min cap
21-15-9 reps of:
Push Jerks (155/105)
Lateral Bar Burpees
- The Push Jerk is a major focus of this two-part workout
- In our Pressing Complex, athletes will build to a heavy set of 3 over the course of 5 working sets
- The bar will come from a rack here and all 3 reps are meant to be completed without dropping the weight
- Choose a moderate weight for the workout that you could complete the 21 reps unbroken when fresh
- Unlike the strength piece, the barbell will come from the floor in the metcon
LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES
- There is no need to stand to full extension on the lateral barbell burpees
LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES
On the lateral barbell burpees, we can use momentum to our advantage. As you jump out of the burpee, try to lean your bodyweight where you want to go. Leaning the weight in when jumping out of the bottom makes for more efficient reps. This is quicker and wastes less motion than standing tall and then jumping over.
Both barbell movement today are all about hip extension. They are essentially vertical jumps with barbells. To train a strong extension of the lower body, we’ll practice jumping without the barbell before adding weight. This will teach athletes to jump hard and land soft.
- Today is a good day to scare yourself a little with large sets on the barbell
- If we minimize sets on the barbell, we maximize time spent moving
- Even if this slows you down a little on the burpees, you’re still going to be moving forward with slow reps on the ground
- Be methodical and breathe overhead on the push jerks
- It’s better to be in control of large sets than to speed through large sets
- Here are a few options to consider:
- Set of 21: 21, 12-9, 8-7-6 or 7-7-7
- Set of 15: 15, 8-7, 6-5-4 or 5-5-5
- Set of 9: 9, 5-4, 4-3-2 or 3-3-3
LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES
- Burpee at a pace that allows you to smash the barbell
- Move nice and controlled for the first 2 rounds, but empty the tank on the last round knowing there is nothing left
3 Sets moving intentionally through, then resting:
5 Double Kettlebell Hang Cleans
100 Meter Double Kettlebell Front Rack Carry (if inside aim for 300ft. Each mat is is 6X4)
20/15 Calorie Ski Erg (Sub Row)
30 Banded Pull-Aparts
Rest 2 Minutes Between Sets
CFR Endurance WOD – 35 min cap
2-4-6-8-10-10-8-6-4-2 reps of…
DB Push Jerk 50/35
Burpees over DB
*10/7 Calorie Ski Erg after each set, and yes after the last set of 2 as well 🙂