“The purpose of pain is to move us in action, not to make us suffer.” – Tony Robbins
Pain gets a bad rap. Not in our world.
If we can frame pain for what it is, action for the betterment of ourselves, we redefine what this feeling means to us. As Tony Robbins puts it, it’s purpose is to move us forward. It’s leverage. An advantage, and a very powerful one at that. Few things in the world can get a human being to move faster than pain.
We recognize to do anything great, it’s going to be uncomfortable. Our body is going to resist it – change is hard. Change all too often has plenty of pain involved.
What pain is not however, is suffering. Pain is a feeling, where suffering is a state of mind. Those that can endure pain and value it for the heights it pushes us towards, will reap the benefits. If we fall into the trap however of emotionally despising it, we’ll naturally avoid it. And it’s the daily reaction to this pain that compounds to dramatically different results over time.
Pain is mandatory, suffering is optional.
Conditioning WOD – 25 minute cap
6 Rounds For Time:
3 Bar Muscle-ups
6 Power Snatch (155/105)
12/8 Calorie Machine
- The balance of weightlifting, gymnastics, and cardio makes this a well rounded workout
- We expect this piece to take around 15-20 minutes to complete
- Weight is on the moderately heavy side
- This should be a weight that you could complete for 3-5 reps unbroken when fresh
- Small sets of gymnastics movements
- Choose a rep number or variation that allows you to complete these stations ideally unbroken
- See further down the page for “subs”
5 Good Mornings
5 Back Squats
5 Elbow Rotations
5 Strict Press & Reach
5 Romanian Deadlifts
5 Front Squats
DEMO VIDEO: Click Here
- The way this workout is set up encourages you to push the pace on each movement
- Envision your transition speeds in rounds 4&5 and try to hold that from the beginning
- You can adjust your machine pace and transition time to help you move most efficiently through this workout
- Reduce Reps
- Banded Bar Muscle-ups
- Jumping Bar Muscle-ups
- Chest to Bar Pull-ups
- Normal Pull-ups
- Strict Pull-ups
- Ring Rows 3 to 1
*Reminder – An endurance workout is offered every Tue and Thur alongside our regular workout. These endurance workouts typically include a longer time duration, lighter weights combined with extra running, rowing or air biking. If you do not finish them or feel they are too challenging due to total time of work, feel free to scale or adjust the time occasionally.
As many rounds + reps as possible in 25 minutes of…
30/21 Calorie Machine
25 Power Snatches 75/55
20 Ring Rows