“There will never be a better you, than you.”
There is a lot to be said about authenticity.
The first definition inside Merriam-Webster reads, “worthy of acceptance or belief.”
If there’s one sure way to find failure in something, it’s through not being ourselves. It just doesn’t pan out in the long run. While we always remain a student, the harm lies when we blur the lines between emulating the traits of our mentors… with trying to actually be them.
Our mentors do not wish for us to follow in their footsteps.
Our mentors wish for us to go further.
We have incredible leaders to guide us. But we must blaze our own trail. It is the only way for us to reach out true potential. There will never be a better you, than you.
Strength – 15 minutes
Build to Heavy Set of 3 Push Jerks
- Out of a rack, athletes will have 15 minutes to build to a heavy set of 3 push jerks
- Looking to get in about 7-8 attempts, so plan weight jumps accordingly
- Making smaller jumps lets you feel out more reps and make more adjustments than making big weight increases
Conditioning WOD – 16 min cap
4 rounds for time of…
40 Double Unders
20 Jerks 135/95
20/15 Calorie Row
- Two part, jerk-focused workout today
- If larger daily class, place athletes on different movements to start to accomodate rowers (RX athletes must start with Double Unders)
- Choose variations and weights you can complete the double unders and jerks in no more than 2 sets
Todays theme is all about a good path of the object we’re moving. On the double unders, that means keeping the rope in the same “lane” throughout the entire rotation. One way to maintain position and accuracy with the rope is to try and hit the rope on the spot on the floor every time around. To do so, you naturally have to keep the hands and elbows in the same position. Think elbows back, hands in front of the hips, and try to make contact with the same point on the ground to allow the rope the take the same route every spin.
60 Single Unders
30 Seconds of Practice
The challenge with the barbell is having to navigate the chin. If we can get the head back, it is easier to find the straight bar path to the finish position. We’ll practice bar path with the slower strict press before moving to the push jerk. Head back, head through.
- Try you best to complete one round every 4 minutes or less – scale as needed to make this happen
- If you’re on the fence about going unbroken, break the sets of 40 up into 2 sets
- Just like the double unders, think about breaking these up into 2 sets (10-10)
- Choose a weight where you could do 20+ when fresh (during a workout is a different story 😉
- Steady pace here
- Picking a Cal/Hr from the beginning that you see yourself holding in round 3
*Reminder – An endurance workout is offered every Tue and Thur alongside our regular workout. These endurance workouts typically include a longer time duration, lighter weights combined with extra running, rowing or air biking. If you do not finish them or feel they are too challenging due to total time of work, feel free to scale or adjust the time occasionally.
CFR Endurance WOD – 35 min cap
5 rounds for time of…
32 Double Unders
24/17 Cal Ski Erg
16 DB Single Arm Push Jerks (8 each arm) 35/20