***Today the endurance and daily workout will be the same
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” -Peter Drucker
In business, this is ever important for leaders to fully understand. That the culture of a team is everything. Over any marketing plans, product launches… anything.
The same mindset is true for us as athletes.
We’ve all heard the line, “it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog”. And we believe it to be true. The picture perfect strategy, executed half-heartedly, will always be beaten by the less-than-ideal strategy, but executed with full heart.
Our character is our back bone. During round 4 of “Kelly”, or the final minutes of an Open AMRAP, it will not be our “workout strategy” that we fall back to. It’s something deeper. Cultivate that, and everything else falls into place.
Conditioning WOD – 35 min cap
600 Meter Single Arm Farmer’s Carry 70/55
50/35 Cal Machine
40 Toes to Bar
30 Wall Balls 30/20
20 KB Swings 70/55
100 Double Unders
- If you have 75+ double unders unbroken when fresh, complete this station as written
- If you’re not there yet, reduce the reps or see how many you can complete in 3 minutes
- See “modifications” for a full list of options
TOES TO BAR
- If you have 20+ unbroken toes to bar when fresh, complete this station as written
- If you’re not there yet, reduce reps or choose a variation from “modifications”
- This is ideally a number or variation that can be completed in less than 5 minutes
Banded Hamstring Stretch: 1 Minute Each Side
Banded Pass Throughs: 45 Seconds
TEACHING + SPECIFIC WARMUP [15:00 – 22:00]
TOES TO BAR
On the toes to bar, we’re looking to keep the core engaged throughout the whole movement. When we disengage at any point, we sacrifice good positioning and efficiency. We’ll go through a short progression on the floor before moving up to the bar to work on this full range of motion control.
3-5 Strict Toes to Bar (High As Possible Without Swinging)
5 Kip Swings
5 Knees to Chest
5 Toes to Bar
STRATEGY + WOD [25:00-60:00]
DOUBLE UNDERS & TOES TO BAR
- These movements of the workout are all about chipping through manageable sets
- With a lot of reps in a row, quick sets and quick breaks may be the best option to push off muscle fatigue, especially on the toes to bar
100 DOUBLE UNDERS