“One of the sincerest forms of respect, is actually listening to what another has to say.” – Brian McGill
It is a skill to be able to listen.
To truly, listen. Sincere listening.
Just hearing the words of another is to scratch the surface. It’s often here where one can turn into their own mind, formulating a response. The listening has stopped at this point. The focus is elsewhere now.
What if we changed those efforts around.
Where instead of thinking of what to say next, we seek to see further than the words. In full commitment to appreciating their perspective.
Listen not with the intention to respond, but with the intention to understand.
Conditioning WOD – Running 20 minutes
*If you need two heats, you may start a second group on the bike, and complete the row as their second machine.
Every 4 minutes on the minute for 20 minutes (5 rounds) complete…
15/11 Calorie Row
6 Hang Power Cleans
15/11 Calorie Bike
6 Push Jerks
Build in Barbell Weight as you go…
- Today we have a conditioning workout mixed with a strength workout
- Each round, we’ll increase weight on the barbell
- Looking to choose weights that are challenging, but ones that will always be completed unbroken
- Use the same weight for the hang power cleans and the push jerks
- The score today is the heaviest of the 5 weights
- While these intervals aren’t for time, let’s make sure these rounds are completed by the 3 minute mark to allow for some rest and time to change weights
- Round begin on the 0:00 – 4:00 – 8:00 – 12:00 and 16:00
HANG POWER CLEANS & PUSH JERKS
The catch of the hang power should look a lot like the dip position of the push jerk. We’ll feel out this balanced position before completing the two barbell movements. This is a shallow dip that involves getting the hips back, elbows up, and weight balanced across the foot.
Clean Movement Prep
15 Second Dip Hold
3 Pausing High Hang Power Cleans (Pockets)
3 Hang Power Cleans
Pause 2 Seconds in Receiving Position After Catching Clean
Jerk Movement Prep
15 Second Dip Hold
3 Pausing Push Jerks
3 Push Jerks
Pause 2 Seconds in Dip and Catch of the Pausing Push Jerk
- The barbell takes priority over the row/bike
- We can still move at a moderate pace where the heart rate is elevated, but find a pace that allows you to go unbroken on the barbell
- Plan your weights ahead of time – not only the planned loads, but also the plates you’ll be putting on the bar
- The more thinking we do before the workout, the less we have to do during the workout
*Reminder – An endurance workout is offered every Tue and Thur alongside our regular workout. These endurance workouts typically include a longer time duration, lighter weights combined with extra running, rowing or air biking. If you do not finish them or feel they are too challenging due to total time of work, feel free to scale or adjust the time occasionally.
CFR Endurance WOD – 32 min
*You will score this by how many intervals you fully achieved within the 32 minutes. Best score would be 8. If you go scaled and complete these, you can still achieve an 8, just make sure you post as scaled.
Every 4 minutes on the minute for 32 minutes complete…
0:00-4:00 400m run + 10 Hang Power Cleans 115/85
4:00-8:00 40/30 Cal Ski Erg
8:00-12:00 400m run + 10 Push jerks 115/85
12:00-16:00 40/30 Cal Ski Erg