“Success is not owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.” – J.J. Watt
Having a “chip on your shoulder” is an known as an edge. As if the athlete has more to prove given his or her circumstances than the next one. But as soon as success is reached, that edge… it disappears.
We don’t own success. We have to work for it every day. If we cross a thousand finish lines, let’s establish a thousand more. Not for any other reason than the unstoppable fiery purpose behind… To find the next best version of ourselves.
Strength – 7 minutes
On the minute x 7 Sets: (7 minutes)
Complete 1 Cluster (squat clean thruster) every minute on the minute, building in weight as you go
Conditioning WOD – 20 min cap
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of…
200m Run or 250m Row or 250 Ski or 600m Bike (based on your machine)
- Kicking off the weekend with a descending rep couplet workout
- The big movement on paper is the cluster, also referred to as a squat clean thruster
- This is one of the most effective movements out there, as it requires us to work through a very large range of motion
- After each round of clusters, you’ll complete a run or machine
- We expect this workout to take around 15-20 minutes to complete
- Squat clean the weight and drive it overhead with no re-bend of the knees
- We’re ideally choosing a moderate weight that allows you to complete 10+ reps unbroken when fresh
- Understanding that everyone has different weights available at home, there are some other option
6 min AMRAP
3 Reverse Burpees
3 Hollow Rocks
6 Reverse Burpees
6 Hollow Rocks…
9… 9… 12… 12….