NEW Apparel orders are ready to pick up! If you didn’t have a chance to pre-order we have a limited supply of merchandise hanging on the wall! Get some before it’s out! #ReppingCFR
Squat Cycle Begins
*If you did not get to find your 1 rep max front squat last Monday, that is what you’ll do during this time, as we will be starting a soft version of a squat cycle. What I mean by “soft” is we will be drawing it out, to reduce risk of injury of overtraining, so we can continue to do our crossfit workouts as well. Make sure take care of your body!
16 minute clock
Rest 2 Minutes Between Sets
Set 1: 10 Reps @ 55-57% 1RM
Set 2: 8 Reps @ 65-67% 1RM
Set 3: 6 Reps @ 75-77% 1RM
Set 4: 4 Reps @ 83-85% 1RM
Set 5: 2 Reps @ 90-92% 1RM
*PS. it’s alright to fail. The goal is for it to push you to get there. Somedays will require more intensity than others.
“Hope and despair are both self-fulfilling prophecies.” – Ernest Hemingway
If you are in the market for a blue Honda, all you see on the road are blue Hondas. It’s as if they are seemingly everywhere. In every intersection, passing us on the highway, and at the gas station.
Yet, they were there the whole time. We as humans have what’s called the “Reticular Activation System”, which helps us see more of what we’re actively thinking about.
It’s actually a survival mechanism. If we needed to look for food because we were about to starve, we prime our senses to find it. Or if danger was close by in the form of a man-eating predator, we’d prioritize our senses to be very aware of where the threat was, or where it could be hiding. It’s an incredible level of focus that we don’t realize we’re using, bringing what is on our subconscious mind into the conscious world.
Are we focused on what might go wrong?
Or are we focused on what will make it go right?
Conditioning WOD – 16 minute cap
6 Rounds For Time:
30 Double Unders
15 Wall Balls 30/20
15/12 Calorie Row , 12/9 Bike, Ski
WORKOUT BRIEF [0:00 – 5:00]
- Choose a rep number or variation that takes 1 minute or less to complete
GENERAL WARM-UP [5:00-12:00]
60 Seconds Easy
40 Seconds Modeate
20 Seconds Moderate-Fast
5 Good Mornings
5 Back Squats
5 Elbow Rotations
5 Strict Press & Reach
5 Romanian Deadlifts
5 Front Squats
DEMO VIDEO: Click Here
Calf Stretch on Post: 1 Minute Each Side
Barbell Ankle Stretch: 1 Minute
Forearms Stretch: 1 Minute
- On the jump rope, lets aim to have “light feet”
- This means we don’t want to spend a ton of time with our foot in contact with the floor
- We want a relatively quick change of direction in our bound
- The movement becomes more challenging for the leg muscles and we are more likely to trip the longer the feet are on the floor
- 20 Seconds Hops in Place (No Rope)
- 20 Seconds Single Unders
- 20 Seconds Double Under Practice
STRATEGY + WOD
- Let’s just aim for smooth movement across the 6 rounds
- Imagine you have to keep your fastest and slowest round within 10-15 seconds of each other
- That will help dictate your speed from the very beginning
- The wall balls will likely be the most challenging muscular station of this triplet
- 1.5x Single Unders
- Line Hops