Let’s just scratch the tip of the iceberg and see what takes place on a typical Monday in the life of CrossFit Republic (not mentioning the 9 normal group CrossFit classes 😉
- 8:30am- leading off our Mobility/Move Well Mondays, we have our certified movement and yoga instructor Heather Worthy, lead her first of two mobility classes through stretching progressions, based around the workout that day at CFR, providing optimal performance, injury prevention, and optimal flexibility for quality of life. (childcare available)
- 10am – Our partner, EatFitGo Healthy Foods drops off our CFR orders made online over the weekend, for those members looking to take any inconvenience out of meal prepping while getting the proper nutrition they need throughout the week – link for ordering here – drop offs also Thursday. eatfitgo.com/orderspringfield
- 10am – Our partner Blue Silo Beef drops off any CFR order made online for those looking for a local farmer to support who provides the best quality and taste. Drops off Thursday as well. Here is the link to order! www.bluesilobeef.com
- 5:30pm – CrossFit Republic FitKids, after the holiday break, starting back strong on January 7th for K-5th grade, teaching your children good movement, keeping them active, and having fun through a series of games and workouts.
- 6pm – As a part of our Mobility Mondays, our Doctor of Physical Therapy leads you through various movements while educating you on the “why” so you can complete these same moves anywhere needed, to enhance your performance, range of motion, treat or prevent injury, and to be better at everyday life. Also available for cash based consultations and evaluations while at CFR.
- 6:30pm – The “Learn To” class is for new members and stands to further your understanding of exercise fundamentals, Crossfit movements, build a foundation and help you achieve your everyday life, fitness or athletic performance goals. Also on Tue/Thur at 6:30PM!
- 6-8pm – Continuation of our MoveWell Monday, our other Physical Therapist sets up shop to work with you and apply Rock Tape or conduct Rock Blading to those as needed, working to decrease pain, decompress tissues, and increase muscle representation in the brain for improved performance. Open to any member and non-member.
- 7:30pm – Wrapping up MoveWell Monday with another Mobility class led by our certified movement and yoga instructor, Healthy Worthy! (Childcare available)
All the this is open to any member and non-member. Here is the link for more info! Scroll down on the “What We Offer” page! https://www.crossfitrepublic.com/specialty-classes-crossfit-republic-crossfit-springfield/
#ThatsJustMondays #YouNeedToSeeItToBelieveIt #WeHaveItAll #Fitness4Everyone
*In this triplet workout, athletes will work to get through the three movements listed quickly, resting until the next 4 minute interval. Rounds will begin on the 0:00, 4:00, 8:00, 12:00, and 16:00 on the clock. The weight on the dumbbell front squats and jerks should be a load that athletes could complete 21+ repetitions unbroken when fresh. While it is okay for the first round to be a touch faster than the following rounds, we don’t want a drastic fall off. One of the reasons we are recording all 5 rounds for this interval workout is to analyze our splits. Athletes will record all 5 times, with the slowest one being their score for the day.
Conditioning WOD – 25 minutes
Every 4:00 x 5 Rounds:
9 Burpee Box Overs 24/20
15 DB Front Squats 50’s/35’s
21 Light Shoulder to Overhead 95/65
Score is Slowest Round.
*If the 4 minute interval laps you at any time, immediately lower your reps for something challenging but achievable (example – 6,12,18… or 5,10,15… and so forth)
*Cannot rest the dumbbells completely on the shoulders while in the front rack. The rear head of the DB will be resting on the shoulder, but that is all.