“True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence of the future” – Seneca
How often do we rush to finish line?
Immediately turning to the next, only to rush once again?
The aim is not to ignore the future. Yet when we spend so much time working for the future, we by default ignore the present. Until… it has become the past. All of this can sound mindlessly simple – and it is. Yet we often become so frantically busy planning for the future, that we actually miss living in this moment.
Happiness is delivered in many forms, with the most important being… present enjoyment of the moment. Happiness has all that it wants. Wherever we go today, go with everything we got.
Conditioning WOD – 20 minutes
As many rounds + reps as possible in 20 minutes of…
5 Heavy Power Cleans 245/165
7 Bar Over Burpees
- Shooting to complete around 8 rounds today (1 Round Every 2:30)
- Choose a barbell weight at either 85% of your 1 rep power clean OR singles at about every 8-10 seconds
- If you’re on the fence, you can always trip weight to maintain high intensity
- If unable to run, complete one of the following:
- 250 Meter Row
- 14/10 Calorie Assault or Echo Bike
Think of your feet like you would a barbell. We always want the bar staying as close to the center of the body as possible. We try to avoid having it swing away from us. Same thing with the feet. When they swing too far forward or back, it can lead to us having to work harder to run the same distance because we put on the brakes. We say on the bar to “try and sneak the weight under your shirt”. On the runs, we can think “try to get your ankle directly under your waist band”
When we jump up out of the burpee, we’re looking for the feet to land just outside the hands. This equates roughly to shoulder width or where we would catch a power clean. When the feet land inside the hands it is common for athletes to land in their toes. When the feet go way outside shoulder width, it is common for the knees to cave in. The feet on the burpee and power clean today should be pretty much the same.
Just like on the burpee, we want to land in a shoulder width stance. Instead of getting under the weight by going wide, we want to get under the weight by sitting down. As the saying goes, “a failed power clean is a squat clean.” We’ll use some “no feet” cleans to emphasize our catch position for our power cleans today. See the video for a visual – https://youtu.be/Nemmw1jnAO8
5 “No Feet” Hang Power Cleans
5 “No Feet” Power Cleans
*Build to Lighter Weight *
- Find a pace that you can stick to for the whole 20 minutes
- Use the clock as your friend to help you with speed
- If you shoot to complete each round at 2 minutes, you’ll end up with 10 rounds of this workout
- If you shoot to complete each round at 2:30, you will finish with 8 rounds
- The only movement we’d stop moving on is the cleans
BURPEES & RUN
- Move at a steady pace on the burpees and the runs to allow yourself to stay confident on the barbell and with overall round times